Monday, November 15, 2010

Get on the Carousel's ART INTERVIEWS - Ally


Today I am proud to present you the very first artist that agreed on answering some questions about ART. Her art, to be precise. So, let's start the ART INTERVIEW cycle! This first time it's ALLY, my Czech friend and an extremely talented artist, who was my first inspiration with colouring the black&white photos.


name: Ally
where you can see her artworks: www.velkokneznamaria.deviantart.com




Get on the Carousel's
QUESTIONNAIRE:


Get on the Carousel: What is your main artistic domain?
Ally: Colouring pictures! Out of more then 2000 pictures I have submitted to Deviantart 90% are coloured pictures of different royals, celebrities and family photos.


GotC: What made you start creating art? When did you start it?
A: First time I ever found out there is something like digital colouring was back in 2007, when I got interested in the last Romanovs. There was (and still is) a discussion forum, where people would post their coloured photos of this family. I was really charmed by some of the works, especially by those made by members „Missy-T“ and „isabel“. Seeing these pictures made want to try. They definitely inspired me.


GotC: And, the music that inspires you?
A: I have enjoyed many different kinds of music. I guess it really depends on the mood. When I´m colouring royalty photos, I usually listen to classical pieces and instrumental albums, mostly by my dear Mike Oldfield. Lately I have started colouring a lot of Bollywood celebrities, and during that I usually listen to songs from their movies.


GotC: What do you use to make your art?
A: Adobe Photoshop – any version from 6 up is fine.


GotC: Are you an autodidact, or you had a teacher (e.g. you were in the art schools etc.)?
A:
I´m a professional amateur. Nobody taught me anything, when I started I had no tutorial at all. It was all me trying to figure out how the program works.


GotC: What do you want to achieve by your art?

A: I want to have fun. I want to relax. And sometimes, when it makes other people happy, it makes me happy too – like when I´m asked to colour old family pictures for someone. That also means those people have trust in me.


GotC: What do you feel when you create something?
A: I can´t really say. I have said this many times already – I usually colour to calm myself down and to relax. But when the picture is requested, I usually feel a bit nervous, because I don´t want to ruin it. In the end there is either a feeling of satisfaction, or more often a feeling I could have done much better.


GotC: Show us your 3 best works:
A: These may not be my best ones, but I felt happy with them.

*click on the pictures to see the bigger version*


My mother at the age of 7



Indian actress Madhuri Dixit



Grand Duchess Elizaveta Fyodorovna of Russia




GotC: What would you say to the beginners, who just started their adventure with art?
A: Your pictures will probably suck for the first few weeks, if not months. Do not be surprised and mainly do not be disappointed. Only practice makes perfect and with every new picture you will learn what is possible and what looks good. Just don´t give up! And also remember, that you are doing this mainly for yourself. When colouring stops pleasing you, it is the end of the road.



I hope you enjoyed Ally's answers. She is really talented and is one of my favourite artists ever. Be sure to visit her at www.velkokneznamaria.deviantart.com

2 comments:

  1. It's very intresting, good idea! Thank you, Magda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you liked it, Anzhelika :) more to come :)

    ReplyDelete