Sunday, November 28, 2010

Get on the Carousel's ART INTERVIEWS - Siham


Today I am proud to present you our second interviewed artist, my fellow colourist, Siham! She's from France and I absolutely adore everything that pops up on her deviantart - seriously, this girl knows how to put some magic in her works!


name: Siham
where you can see her artworks: www.xsixty-3ight.deviantart.com




Get on the Carousel's
QUESTIONNAIRE:


Get on the Carousel: What is your main artistic domain?
Siham: I mostly colour pictures, be it old black and white pictures or re-colouring some which were originally coloured.


GotC: What made you start creating art? When did you start it?
S: It was in 2007 when I registered on a discussion forum about the Romanovs. And I was seeing all these beautifully coloured pictures of OTMAA mostly, and I could not help admiring their work. I think I started a bit later though, especially after seeing so many beautiful colourings by Ally and Justine. They were the one who made me want to try.


GotC: And, the music that inspires you?
S: It may be any kind of songs, from rock to classical. But I do have a weak spot for oriental music (Arabic and Indian music) - it's the most inspiring to me.


GotC: What do you use to make your art?
S: I use Photoshop CS1. And it's perfect for colouring pictures, you do not need more.


GotC: Are you an autodidact, or you had a teacher (e.g. you were in the art schools etc.)?
S: No teacher. I tried to master Photoshop on my own (it was a bit complicated at first), of course, several tutorials helped me. Once you find how to do what you want to do with PS, it's so great.


GotC: What do you want to achieve by your art?

S: I only want to enjoy myself by colouring pictures the way I want to see them. It's just a pleasure for myself, if people think of them as beautiful colourings, then I'm even happier. Because it's a great feeling to know that you still showed something lovely to other people. I love sharing.


GotC: What do you feel when you create something?
S: I don't have any particular feeling - except enjoying myself. I don't even have the impression of "creating" something, I think I rather give pictures a new look.


GotC: Show us your 3 best works:
S: I don't know if they are my best ones but those are three ones that I really like.



*click on the pictures to see the bigger version*


British actress Romola Garai as Jane Austen's Emma Woodhouse.



Old-school Indian actress Madhubala



Indian actress Madhuri Dixit as Chandramukhi in Devdas



GotC: What would you say to the beginners, who just started their adventure with art?
S: Do not expect to be satisfied with your pictures, they will be bad at the beginning, but know you only need practice. I think the best advice not to be disappointed is COLOUR FOR YOUR OWN PLEASURE. And then you will be able to enjoy very much your improvment.


Well, well, some nice answers, right? Show Siham some love, she deserves it, and visit her at www.xsixty-3ight.deviantart.com

2 comments:

  1. It's great that you're interviewing these artists Magda. The way you put so much work into your blog is really such an inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. gee, thanks so much, honey :) glad you like it:)

    ReplyDelete