Sunday, December 5, 2010

WINTER COLD





Is it THAT cold at your place too?

Recently, Poland had a real Winter Apocalypse - snow, cold, ice, cold, snow, cold, ice. That was terrible! -8 oC was the average outside temperature, as shown on my home thermometer. YIKES!

today, I went for a short trip to take some photos of the decorated city, here you have it:



*click on the photos to see the bigger versions*





Light-fountain next to the most beautiful hotel in Warsaw (in my opinion), the Bristol Hotel




Santa and his reindeers next to a Mexican restaurant on Nowy Świat, Warsaw




The display of CEPELIA, which sells some traditional & folk things, lovely & expensive but me luvs it.




Krakowskie Przedmieście - every tree that can bear the lights is welcome to be decorated.




Krakowskie Przedmieście - streetlamps decorated, xmas tree is raping your eyes for kilometres before you get to see it, with those zillion Watts power lights, what more would you possibly like to have? I ADORE IT!

16 comments:

  1. Wow! Gorgeous pictures! The temperatures of my hometown is declining and it's snowing so heavily. It made me so happy. :D

    Would you post some of the pictures on dA so that I can fav them? ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my I looooved this!!Your city is so beautiful,so lively during Christmas!! :D
    Take me to Warsaw NOW!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mariana baby, no problem, get a flight and you're welcome here :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pomarudam teraz - ja chcę do Warszawy!!!;(

    ReplyDelete
  5. wiesz, gdyby nie mój zapieprz w szkole, już bym Cię dawno do siebie wzięła :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wiesz, w sumie ja mam też swój własny zapieprz :D Ale po studiach się tam przeprowadzam, taki mam ambitny plan :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. no wiadomka, i metro będzie już może koło mnie, to się będziemy odwiedzać często:D

    ReplyDelete
  8. No tak, ja do najbliższej stacji metra będę mieć jakieś 300m., co to jest :P Rzut beretem(z antenką) dosłownie :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. no ja trochę dalej, ale co tam, nieważne :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jak na razie, to mam dalej niż Ty :D Do najbliższej stacji metra mam jakieś +/- 540 km :D
    Ale za kilka lat wprowadzam się do pyzatej willi :D A jak nie, to gdzieś w pobliże, żebym sobie ją mogła oglądać codziennie :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok then I will! :) When I get there , I'll tell ya! ;) *And then you ran away immediatly from Warsaw*

    ReplyDelete
  12. śnieg zabija. precz z tym badziewiem...

    ale zdjęcia śliczne!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty! We had snow,but it wasn't that much...it never snows heavy in the South. :(
    I'm coming with Mariana to Warsaw,LOL. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. sure, you are all welcome here :)

    hahah cause of snow, my tram got stuck today, or broke down, I don't know, but what I know is that I had to go back home and skip school, and that may be a problem...

    ReplyDelete